Teething can be one of the most stressful and tiring times in your baby’s early development, it is uncomfortable for them and you! There some great products and tips out there to make teething as easy as possible.
Around 6 months is a good guess at when your baby with start to teethe, although of course it can happen any time, the bottom front teeth followed by the two top front teeth are the typical way in which the teeth appear. Before your baby’s teeth become visible you will probably be notice a few changes in your baby, a few classic teething signs to look out for are:
- Increased (or starting) chewing on solid objects
- Unable to settle, or a little crankiness
- Sore or tender gums which you may notice when they are eating.
Once you start to notice some signs of teething it is time to get some teething toys or teethers, so your baby can chew to sooth their gums and ease discomfort. Because these toys will be in your baby’s mouth you need to ensure they are not made with any harmful toxins or ingredients. Always check the label before purchasing and ones that are 100% natural rubber are perfect as they are made from 100% natural organic ingredients.
Teethers from Mushroom & Co
Mushroom and co know how important it is to soothe sore gums when teething and we stock a great range of varied characters, shapes and colours to keep your little one engaged while they chew. All of our teethers are made from 100% natural organic rubber so they are safe for babies to chew as much as they want. We stock Teethers from Lanco who have been making these teething toys for years and are experts in creating fun and engaging toys that small children will enjoy for years to come.
Our great range includes teethers like:
Strawberry the Teether
Pink and in the shape of a strawberry this natural rubber teether is cute and practical. A teething ring that is the perfect size, shape and weight for your baby to hold. The textured surface of the toy is ideal for your baby to chew and the vibrant colour will help with sensory development.
Bo the Frog Teether
A cute teether in the shape of a character frog! Bo has a cheeky smile, bright eyes and vibrant green colour and is very engaging for young teething babies. When chewed or squeezed Bo the Frog lets out a little squeak, stimulating your little one’s senses. The handle is the perfect size for them to hold and has textured bumps, which are ideal for chewing.
Other Tips to soothe teething gums
- Rubbing Gums – Rubbing baby’s gums with a clean finger or soft pad is a good idea when you are trying to soothe them.
- Cool Guns Down – A soft but cold washcloth can calm gums and give relief to a teething baby.
- Hard Foods Can Help – Foods that your baby can gnaw on are good if they are eating solid foods, try something like a cucumber or carrot.
- Soothe Skin - Drooling is part of teething but can cause the skin to become irritated, having a cloth handy is a good idea and perhaps consider moisturizing the mouth area.